Monday, March 9, 2009

Hello

Well this isn't my first attempt at blogging but hopefully it will work out. It's not as easy as most people think. (But I will admit maybe it's just me.)

I guess I will just try to do this like I am talking to a friend. I guess I could use one too since I am new to staying at home and even though I have several friends I am lonely. Each of my friends are so very different from each other which is great since it makes them unique (I have a friend who I scrap with, one who I do mommy things with, etc.) but it is awkward since I don't have one that is there for everything.

This last weekend I went with my friend Kim on the Tampa Bay Scrapbook Treasure Hunt. It was a blast. We hit 12 stores in 3 days and we had sooo much fun doing it. Kim's friends Amanda and Tina tagged along. Amanda is a hoot and Tina is just as sweet as could be.

The Scrapbook Treasure Hunt is basically a two week event. You pay $10 to get a bag and passport. You then go to each store that is participating, spend $5.00 and get a tag, a make-n-take scrapbook page, and a passport stamp. If you get your passport filled then you turn it back in to enter a drawing. It's fun and we got really into it. We dressed up like pirates and it was great.

Now that it's over and I am back to my normal life. That means cleaning, diaper changes, the whole nine. It was a nice little vacation from the regular weekend. But I did miss the kids. Now I can't wait until next year to do it again. Maybe I will do my own mini hunt in 6 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment