Fast forward to my pregnancy with D and the beginning of my "nesting phase" and the start of all sorts of OCD tics and I become Super Cleaner! I do the floors multiple times daily, dust everything, hell I even scrub the baseboard weekly. And the germaphobic state of mind has continued and I continue to clean compulsively even now, over 2 years after D arrived. But I don't mind. I stay home and I look at it as part of my job as a housewife now.
I really do it all and I do it well. All except for the laundry.
This is a photo of just my dirty clothes and we have a family of 5 so you can imagine!!!
Here is how it generally goes.
1. Separate clothes.
2. Forget that you separated them and throw more clothes on top or have to search through the pile for one specific item mixing them all up.
3. Separate clothes again.
4. Put load in washer and wash
5. Forget load is in washer and let it sit for at least a day.
6. Remember load in washer and smell it. Yuck.
7. Start load in washer again. Add extra fabric softener and a little more bleach to get ride of sour mildew smell.
8. If I remember after the 2nd run through the wash then move load in wash into the dryer.
9. Forget to start the dryer leaving wet clothes to sit in it and once again start stinking.
10. Put clothes back into the washer again. Add even more fabric softener and a a lot more bleach to get ride of sour mildew smell.
11. Forget load is in washer.12. . Remember load in washer and smell it again. Yuck.
13. Start load in washer again for the 4th time. Add a hell of a lot more fabric softener and a the rest of the bleach to get ride of sour mildew smell.
14. Move load to dryer making sure to start it this time.
15. Forget to put the dryer on the right setting and have to turn it on again.
16. Forget to clear lint trap. That's why it's not drying. Clear lint and dry again.
17. Forget to get clothes out of dryer so they wrinkle.
18. Start dryer again to fluff out wrinkles.
19. Forget to get clothes out of dryer once again.
20. Start dryer yet again.
21. Forget to get clothes out of dryer but give up on fluffing so put them in a basket.
22. Forget to fold basket of clothes but put it in closet to get it out of the way.
23. Dog finds basket of unfolded laundry and lays in it or I forget if basket is supposed to be clean or dirty.
24. Have to rewash load. See step one.
So no, it's not fair and since laundry sucks the life and patience out of me I will probably drop my first load off to dear old granny next week and I can't wait for James to say something about it. Oh, by the way... The yard guy is coming on Friday.