Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I was the Victim of a Sneak Attack!!!

Ok, so I wasn't really attacked but I was included in what is called The Sneak Attack. I had never heard of it until my etsy shop was suddenly bombarded with people adding my items to their favorites, placing orders and kicking my shops activity up about 400%!!!

This is HUGE FOR ME since my store is brand spanking new and I only had 1 sale up until yesterday around 3pm...but now I am trying to get this post done so I can ship an order and am working with some gals on custom listings!!!


So I knew this attack really benefited me but I still didn't know much about it. So I went to the website of the orchestrator's:

The Handmade Movement: Home of The Sneak Attack ...supporting artists and crafters worldwide! What is The Handmade Movement? "The handmade movement" is the collective energy and creativity of Artists and Crafters who work with their hands. This site's purpose is to support sellers and buyers of handmade items-the main focus being through the "Sneak Attack"; Sneakers Notorious on Etsy for Attacking with Kindness. Although unaffiliated with Etsy, we focus on shops of handmade items from Etsy.com




And right there at the top of their page it had my shop listed with 2 other victims!!! :

Sneak Attack Now Going On:

Date: Monday, Jan. 9th; 3:00pm EDT
Shop Name: pillowtalkcardz, Steffany813, AmyBethDesigns,
Sponsor: KNJewelry and World Of Mine
Check out today's Sneak Attack thread
What's all this? Read our About Us page to find out!

I checked out the site and on the about us page here is what I found:

What is a Sneak Attack?


It's a way to support independent artisans who are trying to sell their wares online. Two days a week at an appointed time, an Etsy shop with few or no sales is announced on this site. As many people as possible then buy items from that shop, resulting in a frenzy of surprise business to the unsuspecting shop! To the upper right is the current Sneak Attack schedule. To participate, show up on this site at or soon after the time of the next attack and you'll see the chosen shop name in the box to the right - in the Upcoming Sneak Attack box. Then go to that shop and purchase an item, making sure to include the words "Sneak Attack" in the "message to seller". It's also fun to tune into the current thread on Etsy to talk about it with other "attackers".

Who's behind all this?

Actually, a lot of people are! The success of this site and the Sneak Attack is thanks to a lot of different people who are happy to help make someone's day! Michael Phipps, of phippsart.etsy.com originated the Sneak Attack idea after he received his first sale in his Etsy shop. He was so excited, that he wanted to share the feeling of that first sale with others, and so the idea for Sneak Attacks was born. We have been SNEAKING up on shops since September 24, 2008!

And added cherry to the top of my happy crafting and increased sales sundae is...
A co conspirator of the attack mentioned my etsy shop along with a photo of one of my tutus. You can see it here at Sandi's T's.

So Now I encourage you all to get in on the movement and attack someone!

1 comment: