Friday, September 10, 2010

Obsess much?

Well yes actually I do. I have OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder). This problem can manifest its self in many forms. Some times it is actually productive like my need to sweep, mop and vacuum my entire house daily. Other times it's debilitating  and inconvenient like when I have to count steps if I go into a movie or other event after it starts. My poor friend Kathryn had to witness and deal with this one first hand and she dealt with it so patiently (major hugs and kisses to her). And sometime it is just insane. I have sprained and broken my own fingers because I have to have things even and symmetrical so if I crack on finger the other has to crack and I will pull, bend, tug and mess with it until it does... except sometimes the crack is actually bone. Ouch is right. I can't help it. Sometimes these things are worse then others like when I am very upset, stressed, excited, etc.

But aside from my normal OCD I get at least one idea in my head daily that I can't get out and I obsess about it. This can be a food, a product (damn those infomercials), a movie, something someone said or did, etc. I often can't get to sleep because of this. There is no actual rhyme or reason to this but I just obsess until it goes away or more often a new obsession comes along.

So because this happens so often I am tracking it. Maybe the tracking of my obsessions will become my new obsession. Either way now you can join in the fun by following what is just one more of the things that is odd with me. Yes, this is only one thing in the long line (don't get me started on my podophobia). So come and follow and obsess with me and check back on the Current Obsession page often. You never know how long I will obsess or what it will be about!

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, what I wouldn't give to be able to obsess about only one thing at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you whole bunches! Between your OCD and my ADD we make the perfect besties. And I'll count steps with you anytime.

    ReplyDelete