Wednesday, May 19, 2010

If your country is so much better... GO BACK THERE!

While I was a the gym with the DD today I heard a women with a heavy Russian-ish accent trash talking the US.

I didn't have to strain to hear. She was load and obnoxious about how much better her country was. "Our healthcare is free", "We don't involve ourselves in other countries affairs", and it went on and on.

As she stood there saying this wearing her designer purse and dressed very well apparently reaping some of the benefits of living here I got furious.

As I walked past her I said in my sweetest voice, "If it is so much better in your country you should go back there." I didn't give her a chance to respond as I continued walking leaving her stuttering for a response.

One of the things that makes this country great is that it is a melting pot of cultures, races and religions. The fact that you can so publicly talk down about the USA shows that freedom rings even from the mouthes of idiots. So be proud of where you came from but if you don't like it here... GO HOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment