Sunday, May 2, 2010

Spring Fling Scrapbooking Retreat 2010

Well I am back for a much needed getaway. My friend Mary Kelly and I went on a scrapbooking retreat from Friday to Sunday. It was a blast. 24 hour scrapbooking with some of the wackiest, zaniest, and kindest women I have ever met.


We stayed at the hotel to maximize or scrapping time and it was awesome. I packed sooo much stuff figuring 48 hours of scrapping would leave me without a project. After all is said and done I only got 4 mini books, 1 12x12 layout and 1 name tag done. I haven't even put pictures down yet!


But the most amazing thing is I was the Grand Prize Winner for both my 12x12 page design and my name tag! Here they are:



Another awesome thing happened. My cutting board sucks majorly. So I bought 15 raffle tickets. I put 14 in a bag for a new paper cutter and 1 in a bag for a $100 gift card to Michael's Craft Store. Well after going out for a Few margaritas with some girlfriends I came back to find out I won the raffle... For THE GIFT CARD! Not too shabby!

Now it's back to the real world. My scrapbooking supplies are piled up in the garage and are practically unreachable and I am just so pissed about that. I know I have a hobby that takes up a lot of space but it still gets me mad. I can never scrap because getting things out and working on them is such an event and putting them back is worse.

I am just hoping I can get to the next retreat in September!


Oh, and here are some of the other books I did. I am only posting the cover because I don't think anyone actually reads my blog but if you do and you want the recipe just leave me a comment and I will show the pictures of the inside or tell you what paper or any other details you want to know. Anyone is welcome to scraplift my ideas anytime. Just don't steal the pictures themselves.












No comments:

Post a Comment