Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Bin Laden is Dead and I was the last to know.

Osama Bin Laden was finally killed late Sunday night and I may have been the last to know.

I don't generally watch the news. It's not that I don't want to be informed but it's usually so upsetting. This person killed this one, this mom crying for the safe return of her child, this cop shot during a routine traffic stop, etc. So since you have to take the good with the bad I don't watch the news. I prefer to get my news online where I can skim through and read what I want. This saves me a lot on the cost of tissues. (Yes, I am one of those that cry at the news. Don't judge me.)

So since my internet has been going through what I refer to as "megapause" (mood swings, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, random shutting down and being hypersensitive) I haven't been on much so the news from Sunday totally slipped past me until Monday at 3pm!!!

So since I was living under a rock for a day I had to catch up and finally thanks to continuous coverage on CNN, MSN and some other news sites I am up to snuff.

Initially when I heard the news I was so happy and relieved but then I began to think about the back lash. This radical ass is going to be propelled beyond martyr status. My thoughts soon turned to scenarios of retaliation. Monuments and symbols of the USA are usually the targets that Al Quida have gone for in the past but now that the Government has raised our threat level because of Bin Laden being taken down what if they go for smaller yet just as impactful targets... like schools? I told my husband that I don't know if I would be willing to go out to populated events and places for Memorial Day. And what about Independence Day? Or any day really?

Sure we cut off the head of Al Quida but another one is bound to sprout up preaching the tyrannical and racist propaganda of his predecessor. And when he cries for vengeance in the name of their "hero" and for their cause who's to say that the call won't be answered by even more terrorists.

I know that a terrorists intent is to strike terror into the hearts of people and to be scared is essentially letting them win... but I can't help it. I am scared. It just amazes me that there are people in the who wouldn't want peace. The idea of these war mongers who want to fight and kill is insane. I just don't understand it.

But if there is one thing I am certain of it's this... I may be scared, millions of people may be scared, but we are still brave. Bravery isn't the absence of fear, it's doing what must be done in spite of that fear. And once again the USA and those God Blessed seals showed bravery and courage and took down Bin Laden and did what they could to protect this great nation.

So whatever is to come will come but in the mean time Osama Bin Laden is dead and I hope that this brings at least a little peace to his many victims over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment