Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Too Exposed?

Argh! So this blog is my personal blog. It has everything in it from projects with my kids to how pissed off some people make me. It's whatever happens to be on my mind at any given time.

I don't keep it a secret though I wish I did because I have had friends and family read my posts and call going "What the hell?!?!". But you know what? It's my blog! It's my shit, it's all about me and what I want to post so if you don't like it stop reading!

But even though this is for me... I have finally admitted I may be a bit too "exposed".

I have photos of my kids, their real names, real stories (sometimes embarrassing) about them and real posts about me and I am always honest so it doesn't always put me in the most positive light.

I make mistakes, I cuss, I am flawed. But I am me. Yet just because I have an over abundance of candor doesn't mean I should force my kids, family and friends to be exposed right along with me.

So I'm reigning it in. I will still be me, open, honest and imperfect... but I will try to be more considerate when bitching about someone or sharing a story that may not be mine to share or sharing a story that is mine but may show someone else in a less than flattering light. I will try my damnedest to keep my integrity and not sacrifice the actual story. But shit, it may be hard. Obviously I don't plan to watch my mouth too much. (Ironically if anyone ever heard me talk in person they would realize just how toned down my language is on this blog.)

So I have gone back and made a few changes to older posts.

I don't mind being exposed... but I will try not to expose others. (Unless they really deserve it.)